Housekeeping Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship don’t require special skills or qualifications. If you’re looking for a cleaning job in the United States, getting a visa sponsorship is a good idea.
Are you planning to travel to the US for work? Do you want to work as a housekeeper in the United States and get a free visa? Then, you should keep reading this article as it provides all the information you need.
Getting a housekeeping job in the USA with visa sponsorship is a great opportunity, as many people have come to the US with little or no expense.”
Getting a job in the US can be straightforward, but it becomes even simpler when you have the right documents and qualifications. It’s essential because employers prefer hiring people with the right skills and experience. So, it’s important to make sure your qualifications match the job you’re applying for.
For foreigners seeking job opportunities in the United States, obtaining a work visa can be challenging. But have you considered pursuing a work visa and also securing a job? Visa sponsorship is an effective way to achieve this goal.
Housekeepers’ Salary in the USA
How much housekeepers earn in the USA can change due to different things, like how much they’ve worked, where they work, and who they work for. Still, typically, maids and cleaners make around $15 to $16 per hour. For a whole year, that’s about $31,200 to $33,280.
But remember, this is just an average, and how much they get paid can be way more or way less, based on many things.
Best-Paying Cities for Housekeepers in the USA
If you work as a housekeeper and want to earn a higher salary, you might consider moving to one of the top-paying cities in the United States. In these places, housekeepers can make a good living because they offer higher wages and more job opportunities. Below are some cities known for their high-paying housekeeping jobs in the USA:
1. New York, NY
New York City is a great city with plenty of fun things to do and high-paying job opportunities. Housekeepers in New York can earn an average hourly wage of $21.62 to $38.33, which adds up to a yearly income of $43,680 to $79,040. Plus, you can enjoy benefits like dental insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) retirement plan, and more.
2. Chicago, IL
Chicago, IL is another excellent city for high-paying housekeeping jobs in the USA. Housekeepers here earn an average hourly wage of $17.07 to $32.39, with an annual income ranging from $35,360 to $64,000. Keep in mind that salaries may vary based on your location and the industry you work in. You can also enjoy additional perks such as free parking, gym memberships, health insurance, and more.
3. Baltimore, MD
Baltimore, MD is one of the high-paying cities for housekeeping jobs in the USA. Housekeepers in Baltimore typically make an average hourly wage of $14.98 to $19.68, leading to an annual income of $29,120 to $39,520. Besides your salary, you can enjoy benefits like commuter assistance, continuing education credits, paid time off, and more.
4. Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia, PA is known for offering high-paying housekeeping jobs. Housekeepers in this city can expect to earn an average hourly wage of $14.87 to $24.22, resulting in an annual income of $29,120 to $49,920. On top of your salary, you may have access to benefits such as life insurance, dental coverage, and paid time off.
5. Las Vegas, NV
Las Vegas, NV is a cool city in the United States with a demand for housekeeping jobs. Housekeepers here earn an average hourly wage of $14.33 to $25.19, which translates to an annual income of $29,120 to $52,000. Apart from your salary, you can enjoy various insurance benefits and other perks like paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan.
6. Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee, WI is another great city with many high-paying jobs, including housekeeping positions. Housekeepers in Milwaukee typically make an average hourly wage of $14 to $24, resulting in an annual income of $29,120 to $49,920. You can also benefit from additional perks like life insurance, paid time off, and more. Keep in mind that your salary might vary depending on your location or the industry you work in.
7. Atlanta, GA
In Atlanta, GA, the average housekeeper earns an hourly wage of $13.55 to $15.41. The annual income can range from $21,143 to $85,965. In addition to your salary, you can also enjoy various benefits.
8. Indianapolis, IN
Housekeepers in Indianapolis, IN, can earn an hourly wage of $13 to $23 and an annual income of $39,343 to $68,809. In addition to your salary, there are other benefits, such as a flexible spending account, paid sick time, and free parking.
9. San Antonio, TX
In San Antonio, TX, housekeepers make an average hourly wage of $13.33 to $17.36, with an annual income ranging from $38,862 to $50,618. You can also enjoy additional benefits apart from your salary.
10. Houston, TX
Housekeepers in Houston, TX, typically earn an average hourly wage of $12.85 to $26.49, with an annual salary ranging from $37 to $77. Besides your salary, you may have access to other benefits.
Salaries for Housekeeping Jobs Based on Experience in the United States
When you apply for housekeeping jobs in the United States, they often want to know how much experience you have. Your pay can depend on your experience level. Below are some examples of visa-sponsored housekeeping job salaries based on experience:
Less Than One Year of Experience in Housekeeping Salaries
If you have less than one year of experience in a housekeeping job, you can expect to earn $12 to $13 per hour. So, if you work at $13 per hour, your yearly income would be around $27,040. Keep in mind that your salary may vary based on where you work and the type of industry, but you’ll also receive some benefits.
1 to 2 Years of Experience in Housekeeping Salaries
For those with 1 to 2 years of experience in housekeeping jobs, salary information hasn’t been updated, but typically it ranges from $13 to $14 per hour. This would translate to an annual income of about $29,120. Your pay may change depending on your work location and industry.
3 to 5 Years of Experience in Housekeeping Salaries
Housekeepers with 3 to 5 years of experience can typically earn around $15.05 per hour, which means an annual income of approximately $31,200. Additionally, you’ll enjoy other benefits along with your salary and may also receive a visa sponsorship.
6 to 8 Years of Experience in Housekeeping Salaries
If you have 6 to 8 years of experience in a housekeeping job, your hourly rate might be about $15.56, resulting in an annual salary of $32,200. You’ll also have access to other valuable benefits, such as assistance with immigration and more.
More Than 10 Years of Experience
For those with over 10 years of experience, you can expect to earn about $16.32 per hour. Additionally, you may receive standard benefits offered by companies. This equates to an annual income of approximately $33,280.
Some Great Companies for Housekeepers in the USA
Do you know that there are some companies in the USA that pay well for housekeeping jobs? Well, I’ve got a list for you:
- LGC Associates, LLC
- Pay: $16.90 – $17.10 per hour
- LGC Associates offers housekeeping jobs as well as other opportunities like hospitality and delivery. They have a large workforce of 5,001 to 10,000 employees.
- Pay: $17 – $18 per hour
- MaidPro believes in making work fun for its employees and offers benefits like health insurance, pay bonuses, and paid time off.
- Merry Maids Company
- Pay: $15 – $24 per hour
- Merry Maids is more than just a cleaning service; they prioritize client and team satisfaction.
- Molly Maid
- Pay: $15 – $17 per hour
- Molly Maid is a Neighborly™ franchise company with a moderate-sized team.
- Marriott International
- Pay: $28 – $38 per hour
- While Marriott offers various job opportunities, they focus on housekeeping. You can find more information on their website.
- Crothall Healthcare
- Pay: $17 – $20 per hour
- Crothall provides laundry and facility upkeep services for healthcare providers in North America.
- Extended Stay Hotels
- Pay: $19 – $22 per hour
- They offer excellent benefits for housekeepers.
- Pay: $13 – $18 per hour
- HHS, founded in 1975, has a team of 1,001 to 5,000 employees. You can apply through their website.
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Pay: $19 – $22 per hour
- Residence Inn is a brand of extended-stay hotels, part of Marriott International.
- Holiday Inn
- Pay: $13 – $19 per hour
- Holiday Inn offers housekeeping jobs and various benefits for workers.
9 of the Best Housekeeping Jobs In the USA With High Paying Salaries
There are various types of housekeeping jobs in the United States with visa sponsorship. However, in the United States, there is a certain requirement to meet for the job to be given to you.
Furthermore, some of these housekeeping jobs are “cleaners”, “live-in housekeepers”, “live-out housekeepers”, “house managers/housekeepers” and “housekeeper cleaning companies”.
A cleaner is a basic cleaning service and is not to be confused with a housekeeper. Hence, they may be used in more commercial cleaning areas, or they might be used for end-of-tenancy cleans.
In the private home, they might be used for short visits and these can be regular but they are rarely full-time for one property.
The average house cleaner salary in the USA is $15 per hour and $31,200 per year. Entry-level positions start at $26,325 per year while most experienced workers make up to $39,000 per year. Note: This amount could change due to company policy and structure or even economic default
This type of housekeeper is a very popular type of housekeeping service. They can be a full-time or part-time member of staff that works for the property and as part of the package, they are provided accommodation.
A housekeeper is a high-standard professional who can clean, tidy, and ensure your home and property care to the highest minimum.
A live-in housekeeper, when employed is paid a total sum of about $12.34 and $16.21 per hour and $30,000 to $39,221 per year. And you should be informed that all payment structure in the US changes as time goes on.
House Manager/ Housekeeper
A housekeeper combined with house management is the next tier of supper. Here the housekeeper can provide additional house management support.
This may include admin, managing contractors, managing household routes or schedules, and ensuring that the property is cared for along with all the typical housekeeping duties.
House managers or housekeepers are multi-task persons whose average salary ranges from $13.21 to $16.31 per hour and $37, 357 to $40,000 per year.
Well, you should note that the given amount varies, hence, a proposal and a negotiation will have to be made between you and your anticipating employer to get a set amount and also information on future changes.
Live Out Housekeeper
A live-out housekeeper can work full-time or part-time pending a laid-down conclusion. As a live-out housekeeper, you are under an obligation to carry out cleaning, tidying, and wardrobe management duties. Furthermore, other responsibilities can be added as time goes on.
A live-out housekeeper is a popular choice for properties that don’t have the space for living in a client’s house.
The average salary of a live-out housekeeper is from $19.12 to $20.22 per hour and $22,162 to $27,540 per year. There could be alterations in amounts or figures due to differences in company policy and standards.
Housekeeping House Attendant
Housekeeping attendants work in hotels and motels. They tidy and clean hallways and rooms, like bedrooms, bathrooms, and meeting rooms. Furthermore, they also put in clean towels and other supplies. They are paid an average salary of about $18.12 to $20.12 per hour & $32,231 to $37,224 per year.
Room attendant responsibilities include changing towels, making beds, and cleaning bathrooms. They also address clients nicely and make sure their rooms are fully stocked, clean, and inviting at all times.
Room attendants are graciously paid an average salary of about $13.23 to $16.13 per hour and $26,731 – $32,612 per year. Well, this amount is ephemeral and is not permanent or applicable to all companies.
Full-Time Housekeeping/Floor Stripping/Waxing
They are responsible for completely removing old wax, soil, and debris found on the floor. It is usually one of the most labour-intensive and time-consuming jobs in the professional cleaning industry.
They are simply paid an average salary of about $12.22 to $16.12 per hour and $24,317 – $30,236 per year. Note! This amount can be changed as time goes on.
Environmental Services Technician
An environmental service technician is a housekeeper who works in a hospital or healthcare facility to maintain cleanliness and a healthy environment within the premises.
They are involved in traditional janitorial tasks as well as the proper handling and disposal of biological waste. They are paid an average of about $13.23 to $16.13 per hour and $25,040 to $33,280 per year.
The lead housekeeper is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the housekeeping department. They supervise a team of housekeepers, maids, and janitors.
The lead housekeeper is responsible for ensuring that all areas of the hotel are clean and well-maintained. lead housekeepers are paid an average salary of about $13.21 to $16.31 per hour and $24,963 and $33,280 per year.
Highly Valuable Skills and Qualifications for Housekeepers
Housekeepers can boost their earnings by acquiring certain skills and qualifications that are in demand. Here’s a quick look at some of the most sought-after skills and qualifications for housekeepers:
- Cleaning Skills: Knowing how to maintain a clean environment.
- Meal Preparation: Ability to prepare meals.
- Experience with Kids: Having worked as a nanny.
- Residential Cleaning Experience: Previous experience in cleaning homes.
- Caregiving Skills: Skills related to taking care of people.
- Employee Evaluation: The ability to assess and manage staff.
Requirements and Skills for Housekeeping Jobs in the USA
Becoming a housekeeper in the USA involves meeting specific requirements and skills. If you’re qualified for the job, you should:
- Be Flexible: Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Attention to Detail: Be thorough in your work.
- Communication Skills: Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic Math and Computer Skills: Understanding basic math and computer usage.
- Friendly Demeanor: Be friendly, professional, and engaging.
- Time Management: Manage your tasks efficiently.
- Cleaning Experience: Proven work history in cleaning.
- Handling Equipment: Ability to work with cleaning equipment and machinery.
- Reliability: Be responsible and dependable.
- Knowledge of Cleaning Supplies: Know about cleaning products and safety.
- Team Player: Work well in a team.
- Safety Awareness: Familiarity with safety data sheets.
These are the skills and requirements for housekeeping jobs in the USA.
Duties and Responsibilities of Housekeepers
If you’re unsure about the duties of a housekeeper, consider the following:
- Cleaning and Restocking: Clean and restock designated areas.
- Minor Repairs: Perform minor repairs when necessary.
- Teamwork: Assist other departments when needed.
- Routine Inspections: Conduct routine inspections and maintenance.
- Basic Cleaning: Clean homes and offices, including vacuuming and emptying trash.
- Handling Linens: Transport and replace linens.
- Maintaining Equipment: Set up, stock, and maintain cleaning tools and supplies.
- Restroom Cleaning: Clean restrooms, including restocking supplies and sanitizing fixtures.
Benefits of Housekeeping Jobs
Being a housekeeper has many advantages, such as:
- Ensuring a deep and thorough clean.
- Providing peace of mind.
- Ensuring your comfort.
- Creating a clean and happy environment.
How to Apply for Housekeeping Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
Getting a job and a free visa is quite simple if you follow these steps:
- Make sure you’re qualified for the job.
- Create a well-organized CV and an application letter.
- Use online platforms like LinkedIn or indeed.com to find a job you like in the USA.
- Wait for the employer to review your documents. If they find you qualified, you’ll receive a job offer.
- Your employer will then apply for a job petition to the USICS and the US Labor Market Institute for certification.
- You’ll be instructed to apply for a visa with the job offer letter in your name.
H1B Work Visa Sponsorship for Housekeepers
If you’re a foreigner seeking a job in the USA and want an H1B visa, follow these steps:
- Create a strong CV and a job application letter that appeals to US employers.
- Use online platforms to search for a job you like.
- Apply online through a website like Indeed.com and wait for a response. You may be called for an online interview.
- If you’re selected, your employer will review the job description to ensure it qualifies as a specialty occupation.
- Discuss the pay rate with your employer.
- Your employer will notify the US workforce.
- Finally, your employer will submit a labor condition application to the DOL for certification and a petition to the US embassy for a visa. Apply for the visa in your home country.
Where to Work as a Housekeeper in the USA
Housekeepers can work in various places, such as:
- Private Homes
- Senior Living Facilities
- Apartment Buildings
- Office Buildings
Tips for a Successful Visa Interview in the USA
Here are some tips to prepare for a successful interview for Housekeeping Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship:
- Make sure all your required documents are in order.
- Understand your visa type and its requirements.
- Practice answering common interview questions.
- Dress professionally and conservatively.
- Arrive early for your appointment.
- Be polite and respectful to the visa officer.
- Stay calm and speak clearly.
- Answer all questions truthfully.
- Bring any additional documents that support your case.
- Be prepared to ask questions if you have any.
- Follow the instructions given by the visa officer.
- Respect the visa officer’s decision, and if your visa is denied, ask for a written explanation and consider reapplying after addressing any issues.