Chiquis Rivera (born Janney Marin) is a Mexican-American singer who debuted with her debut album “Ahora” in 2015.
She was born in Newport Beach, California, on June 26, 1985.
Chiquis is the daughter of Jenni Rivera, an American actress and singer who died on December 9, 2012, in a plane crash near Monterrey. Jenni has sold over 20 million records worldwide throughout her career.
In October 2012, she and her mother stopped speaking. They never had the opportunity to reconcile.
Her father was sentenced to 31 years in prison without the possibility of parole in 2007 for molesting his ex-little wife’s sister, Rosie, and his daughter Jacquie. He managed to avoid capture for nine years.
Chiquis accused him of sexual abuse as well. Rivera wrote in her memoir about her father, “I forgave him a thousand times for what he did to me as a little girl.” “Only your love will carry me forward,” Chiquis wrote about her mother. Momma, I love you and miss you.”
Rivera made her television debut in 2010 on the reality show Jenni Rivera Presents: Chiquis & Raq-C.
She appeared in 42 episodes of “I Love Jenni,” a reality TV show about Jenni Rivera’s life, from 2011 to 2013.
Chiquis’ first single, “Paloma Blanca,” was released in 2014 as a tribute to her mother.
On April 7, 2015, she published “Forgiveness: A Memoir,” a New York Times best-seller. She stated:
“I wrote this book to share something far more important than a rumor: my journey to forgiveness.”
Chiquis released her debut album, “Ahora,” on June 2, 2015. In its first week, it sold over 7,000 copies. Rivera had this to say about the album:
“I named it Ahora because it’s today.”
|Birth Name||Janney Marín Rivera|
|Born||June 26, 1985 ( Age 17 )|
|Profession||Singer, Television Star|
|Country||United States of America|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (165 cm)|
|Weight||56kg or 123 lbs|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Birthplace||Long Beach, California|
|Awards||Female artist of the yearLatin Grammy award|
|Net Worth||$8 Million|
|Genre||Regional Mexican, Latin pop|
What is the superior success story of Chiquis Rivera?
- Chiquis Rivera is a famous television star, singer, and songwriter. She won the Latin Grammy award in the category Banda album. Her musical style is known as a banda traditional Mexican music. She started her music career with “Paloma Blanca” in 2014. Her album Ahora was released in 2015 in pop mixed with Banda style.
- Her album “Entre Botellas” was released in the spring of 2018. This album consists of a duet song with her then-husband Lorenzo and her late mother, Jenni. Estella TV was awarded her artist of the year in 2015. She won the female artist of the year in 2016 and the 2017 Lo Nuestro Awards. The recent album playlist was released in 2020.
- She appeared first on television in the reality show Jenni Rivera Presents: Chiquis & Raq-C. Chiquis’ n I Love Jenni are her notable works on television. She also had her mini-series with the name Chiquis confidential. She was nominated for Juventud Awards, Tu Mundo Award, and Premios De La Radio in her first year as an artist.
What is the physical appearance of Chiquis Rivera?
- Chiquis is a lovely lady with light brown hair and big brown eyes. She has an hourglass figure. This beautiful lady weighs 56 kg and is 5.5 inches.
What is the relationship status of Chiquis Rivera?
- Chiquis started dating singer Lorenzo Mendez in 2019. They got married in July same year. After a year, they split and divorced. The reason is stated as irreconcilable differences.
What is the net worth of Chiquis Rivera?
- Her worth is around $8 million as of July 2021. She got most of her income from her music. Her songs have done well and provided her with a lot of money. She has done a lot of TV shows and concerts. She has even given some small film performances. She got most of her money from singing, TV performances, concerts, and brand endorsement. She also promotes brands on her YouTube channel that has more than 800K subscribers.
- She comes from a family of music and singing.
- She has five siblings in total.
- She began her music career in 2014.
- She runs an NGO in her mother’s name.
- She has her label, sweet sound records.
- She is very religious and visits church every week with her family.
- Her mother died on December 9, 2012.