Kelsey Cook is a well-known American comedian, podcaster, and writer. Her comedic talent has landed her appearances on popular shows such as The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Comedy Central’s This is Not Happening, and A Little Late with Lilly Singh. Cook has also released a stand-up special on YouTube called The Hustler, which has garnered over one million views in four weeks.
Cook was born and raised in Spokane, Washington, and comes from a family of professional foosball players. Her father is also a championship-winning slam poet and yo-yo champion. Cook’s unique upbringing has contributed to her comedic style, which is often self-deprecating and relatable. She attended Azusa Pacific University, where she studied communication studies and theatre.
Despite her young age, Cook has already made a name for herself in the comedy world. Her ability to connect with audiences through her humor has earned her a loyal fan base and numerous accolades. As Cook continues to grow her career, it’s clear that she is a force to be reckoned with in the entertainment industry.
- Kelsey Cook is an American comedian, podcaster, and writer who has gained popularity through her appearances on popular shows and her stand-up special on YouTube.
- Cook comes from a family of professional foosball players and has a unique comedic style that is often self-deprecating and relatable.
- Despite her young age, Cook has already achieved a great deal of success in the entertainment industry and is a rising star in the world of comedy.
Early Life and Education
Kelsey Cook was born on April 10, 1989, in Spokane, Washington, to Kathy Brainard, a foosball player, and Chris Brown, a poet and trumpet player. She grew up in a humorous environment, with her parents being professional foosball players, and her father also winning championships in slam poetry and yo-yo.
Cook attended Washington State University, where she majored in Broadcast Journalism. During her time at college, she performed stand-up comedy for the first time. She also hosted a weekly radio show and worked as a sports reporter for the campus TV station.
After graduating from college, Cook moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in stand-up comedy. She began performing at open mic nights and comedy clubs around the city, and soon gained a following. Her unique style of comedy, which often draws from her upbringing and personal experiences, has helped her stand out in the competitive world of stand-up comedy.
In addition to her stand-up career, Cook has also appeared on several TV shows, including “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon” and “Comedy Central’s This Is Not Happening.” She also hosts a podcast called “Self-Helpless,” where she and her co-hosts discuss self-improvement topics in a humorous and relatable way.
Kelsey Cook married fellow comedian Kane Holloway in 2019. However, the couple separated in 2020, just before the COVID-19 lockdowns began. They later divorced.
Relationship with Chad Daniels
Kelsey Cook is currently in a relationship with comedian Chad Daniels. The couple has been together for several years and often perform together on stage. They also host a podcast called “Middle of Somewhere”, where they discuss their personal lives and current events.
Aside from her romantic relationships, Kelsey Cook has also been open about her struggles with health issues. She suffers from irritable bowel syndrome and is severely allergic to peanuts and latex.
Overall, Kelsey Cook’s personal life has been marked by her relationships with fellow comedians, as well as her openness about her health struggles.
Kelsey Cook is an American comedian and podcaster whose career has been focused on stand-up comedy and creating content for YouTube. She has been performing stand-up comedy since she was 17 years old and has since become a regular performer at comedy clubs and festivals across the United States.
Cook has performed on several late-night talk shows, including The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, and has released her own stand-up special titled “The Hustler”. Her comedy style is often described as observational and she frequently draws on her own experiences and upbringing in her material. Cook has also been featured on Comedy Central’s “This is Not Happening” and Epix’s “Unprotected Sets”.
Cook has a strong presence on YouTube, where she has amassed a large following by posting clips of her stand-up performances and comedic sketches. Her YouTube channel features a variety of content, including vlogs, sketches, and interviews with other comedians. Cook’s YouTube channel has over 100,000 subscribers and her videos have been viewed millions of times.
Cook has also co-hosted several podcasts, including “Self-Helpless” and “The Self-Helpless Podcast”, where she and her co-hosts discuss self-improvement and personal growth. She has also appeared on other podcasts, such as “The Joe Rogan Experience” and “Your Mom’s House”.
Overall, Cook’s career has been focused on stand-up comedy and creating content for YouTube and other digital platforms. She has established herself as a rising star in the comedy world and continues to build a strong following through her engaging and relatable material.
Kelsey Cook is an American comedian and podcaster known for her stand-up comedy performances, appearances on various television shows, and her podcast, Self-Helpless. Here are some interesting facts about Kelsey Cook:
- Kelsey Cook was born on April 10, 1989, in Spokane, Washington. As of September 2023, she is 34 years old.
- Cook comes from a family of professional foosball players. Her parents and grandparents were all involved in the sport, and she has also played at a professional level.
- In addition to foosball, Cook’s father is an International Yo-Yo Champion and has won championships in slam poetry.
- Cook graduated from Washington State University in 2011 with a degree in Broadcast Journalism.
- She has performed stand-up comedy on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon multiple times and has also appeared on Comedy Central’s This is Not Happening, A Little Late with Lilly Singh, and Unprotected Sets on EPIX.
- Cook’s stand-up special, The Hustler, was released on YouTube in 2023 and crossed one million views in just four weeks.
- Cook is a co-host of the Self-Helpless podcast, which explores self-help and personal development topics with a comedic twist. The podcast has been running since 2017 and has over 300 episodes.
- In her spare time, Cook enjoys playing video games and watching horror movies.
These are just a few interesting facts about Kelsey Cook. Despite her success in the entertainment industry, she remains down-to-earth and dedicated to her craft.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Kelsey Cook’s father?
Kelsey Cook’s father is an International Yo-Yo Champion and a Professional Foosball player. He has won championships in slam poetry and yo-yo.
What is Kelsey Cook’s height?
Kelsey Cook’s height is not mentioned in any of the available sources.
Does Kelsey Cook have a high school diploma?
There is no information available about Kelsey Cook’s high school education.
What is Kelsey Cook’s net worth?
Kelsey Cook’s net worth is not publicly available.
Where can I watch Kelsey Cook’s stand-up comedy?
Kelsey Cook’s stand-up special “The Hustler” was recently released on YouTube and crossed one million views in four weeks. She has also performed on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon multiple times.
Has Kelsey Cook won any foosball championships?
Kelsey Cook’s parents are professional foosball players, but there is no information available about whether Kelsey Cook has won any foosball championships.