Gillie Da Kid is a well-known American rapper, actor, and podcast host who has made a name for himself in the entertainment industry. With a career spanning decades, he has amassed a considerable fortune through his music, acting, and other business ventures. Many people are curious about Gillie Da Kid’s net worth, and there is a great deal of interest in how much money he has made over the years.
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Gillie Da Kid’s net worth is estimated to be around $5 million. He is best known for co-founding and performing with the Philadelphia hip hop group Major Figgas, as well as his solo work as a rapper. In addition to his music career, he has appeared in several films and television shows, including “Brotherly Love” and “Meet the Blacks.” He is also a co-host of the popular podcast “The Million Dollaz Worth of Game Show.”
Gillie Da Kid, whose real name is Nasir Fard, was born on July 31, 1984, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He grew up in the Richard Allen Projects, a public housing development in North Philadelphia. Gillie’s father was a drug dealer and was murdered when Gillie was only five years old.
Despite growing up in a rough neighborhood, Gillie was a good student and graduated from Ben Franklin High School. After high school, he attended Cabrini College, where he majored in business and played basketball. He was also a member of the track team.
Gillie’s interest in music began at a young age, and he started rapping when he was only 12 years old. He was inspired by his older brother, who was also a rapper. In the late 1990s, Gillie formed a rap group called Major Figgas with his childhood friends. The group gained popularity in Philadelphia and signed a record deal with RuffNation Records in 1999.
In 2000, Major Figgas released their debut album, “Figgas 4 Life,” which featured Gillie as one of the lead rappers. The album was a commercial success, and it helped establish Gillie as a rising star in the Philadelphia rap scene.
Gillie Da Kid’s music career began in the late 1990s when he co-founded the Philadelphia rap group Major Figgas. The group signed a record deal with Suave House Records and released their debut album, “Figgas 4 Life,” in 2000. Gillie Da Kid was a prominent member of the group and contributed to several of their tracks.
After leaving Major Figgas, Gillie Da Kid pursued a solo career and released several mixtapes, including “King of Philly” and “The Best of Both Offices Freestyle Session.” He gained a significant following in the Philadelphia hip-hop scene and caught the attention of Cash Money Records.
In 2006, Gillie Da Kid signed with Cash Money Records and released his debut album, “Southwest,” in 2007. The album featured collaborations with Lil Wayne, Birdman, and others. Despite receiving critical praise, the album did not perform well commercially.
Gillie Da Kid continued to release mixtapes and collaborate with other artists throughout the 2010s. In 2020, he released his latest album, “Who Got Game Vol. 2,” which features collaborations with Jadakiss, Wyclef Jean, and others.
Overall, Gillie Da Kid’s music career has been successful, but his net worth is primarily due to his other endeavors, such as acting and podcasting. According to Celebrity Net Worth, Gillie Da Kid’s net worth is estimated to be $5 million.
Gillie Da Kid, born Nasir Fard, is a multifaceted artist known for his work as a rapper, actor, and podcast host. He has also dabbled in the film industry, appearing in a number of movies and TV shows throughout his career.
One of his most notable roles was in the 2011 film “Wrath of Cain,” where he played the character of Red. He also appeared in the 2012 film “Brotherly Love” as the character of Block, alongside Keke Palmer and Cory Hardrict.
In addition to his film roles, Gillie Da Kid has also made appearances on several popular TV shows. He appeared on an episode of “The Wire” in 2008, and has also made appearances on “The Breaks,” “Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood,” and “The Joe Budden Podcast with Rory & Mal.”
Gillie Da Kid has also worked on a number of short films throughout his career, including “The Streets of Philly,” “The Killing Game,” and “The Confidant.” He has also produced and directed several music videos for his own songs.
Overall, while Gillie Da Kid’s filmography may not be as extensive as some other actors, he has still managed to make a name for himself in the industry and has shown his versatility as an artist by taking on a variety of roles.
Gillie Da Kid is a multifaceted artist who has ventured into various business endeavors throughout his career. Here are some of his notable business ventures:
- Relumae Records: Gillie Da Kid founded Relumae Records, an independent record label, in 2014. The label has signed several artists, including Popp Hunna, who gained national attention with his hit single “Adderall (Corvette Corvette).” Relumae Records has also released several projects from Gillie Da Kid himself, including his latest album, “Welcome 2 Gilladelphia,” which was released in 2021.
- Podcasting: In 2019, Gillie Da Kid launched “The Million Dollaz Worth of Game Show” podcast with his cousin, Wallo267. The podcast has become a huge success, and has featured guests such as Meek Mill, Lil Durk, and Kevin Hart. The show covers a range of topics, including music, sports, and relationships.
- Acting: Gillie Da Kid has also ventured into acting, appearing in several movies and TV shows. He had a recurring role on the hit TV series “The Wire,” and has also appeared in movies such as “Blood Brother” and “Meet the Blacks.”
- Merchandise: Gillie Da Kid has also released a line of merchandise, including t-shirts, hats, and hoodies. The merchandise features the Relumae Records logo and other designs related to Gillie Da Kid’s music.
Gillie Da Kid has been involved in several philanthropic activities throughout his career. He has been vocal about giving back to the community that has supported him over the years. Below are some of the notable philanthropic activities that Gillie Da Kid has been involved in:
- The Million Dollaz Worth of Game Foundation: Gillie Da Kid is the co-founder of The Million Dollaz Worth of Game Foundation, a non-profit organization that aims to provide resources and opportunities for underprivileged youth. The foundation focuses on providing education, mentorship, and financial literacy to children in underserved communities.
- Back to School Giveaway: Gillie Da Kid has also been involved in several back-to-school giveaways in his hometown of Philadelphia. In 2020, he partnered with the Philadelphia 76ers to provide backpacks filled with school supplies to over 500 children.
- COVID-19 Relief: In 2020, Gillie Da Kid donated $10,000 to the Philadelphia COVID-19 Relief Fund to help support the city’s response to the pandemic.
Gillie Da Kid’s philanthropic efforts have not gone unnoticed. He has received recognition for his contributions to the community, including being awarded the “Community Champion” award by the Philadelphia 76ers in 2020.
Overall, Gillie Da Kid has shown a commitment to giving back to the community and using his platform to make a positive impact on the lives of others.
Gillie Da Kid has been involved in a few controversies over the years. Here are some notable ones:
- Beef with Lil Wayne: In 2013, Gillie Da Kid released a diss track called “King Me” aimed at Lil Wayne. The two rappers had a long-standing feud, with Gillie claiming that Lil Wayne stole his style and lyrics. The beef between the two eventually died down, but it was a hot topic in the hip-hop community for a while.
- Arrest for drug possession: In 2008, Gillie Da Kid was arrested for drug possession in Philadelphia. He was charged with possession of marijuana, cocaine, and codeine. He pleaded guilty to the charges and was sentenced to 2 to 4 years in prison. He was released in 2010.
- Racial profiling incident at airport: In 2023, Gillie Da Kid was allegedly racially profiled at a Texas airport. He criticized American Airlines for using racial profiling and a video of the incident went viral. In the video, Gillie can be seen arguing with a TSA employee wearing a cowboy hat.
- Controversial comments about transgender individuals: In 2016, Gillie Da Kid made controversial comments about transgender individuals on his podcast. He referred to them as “dudes with wigs on” and said that he didn’t understand why they were getting so much attention. His comments were widely criticized, with many people calling him transphobic.
Despite these controversies, Gillie Da Kid continues to be a popular figure in the hip-hop community.
Gillie Da Kid, whose real name is Nasir Fard, was born on July 31, 1984, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He grew up in the streets of North Philadelphia, where he was exposed to drugs and violence at a young age.
Despite his difficult upbringing, Gillie managed to graduate from Ben Franklin High School and then went on to study business at Cabrini College.
Gillie has been married to his wife, Somaya Reece, since 2016. Somaya Reece is a reality TV personality and model. The couple has been together for several years and often shares pictures of each other on social media.
Gillie is also a proud father to several children, including his son Gillie Jr. who is also a rapper and goes by the name of “Gillie Da Kid Jr.” Gillie is known to be a family man and often shares pictures of his children on social media.
In addition to his music career, Gillie is also a co-host of the podcast “The Million Dollaz Worth of Game Show” with his cousin Wallo. The podcast covers a wide range of topics, including sports, music, and pop culture.
In conclusion, Gillie Da Kid is a successful American rapper, actor, and podcast host with an estimated net worth of $5 million according to Celebrity Net Worth. He is a co-founder and member of the Philadelphia rap band called Major Figgas, which signed a record deal with Suave House Records from Houston, Texas, and successfully released several tracks.
Gillie Da Kid’s career has been a multifaceted one, spanning across various fields, including music, acting, and podcasting. He has released several albums and mixtapes throughout his career, including his debut album, “King of Philly,” which was released in 2007. He has also acted in several movies and TV shows, including “Blood Brother” and “The Wire.”
Apart from his music and acting career, Gillie Da Kid is also a podcast host. He co-hosts the “Million Dollaz Worth of Game” podcast with his cousin, Wallo267. The podcast has become quite popular, with over 2 million subscribers on YouTube.
Overall, Gillie Da Kid’s net worth is a testament to his hard work and dedication to his craft. He has managed to build a successful career in the entertainment industry and has become a household name in the rap scene. With his talent and drive, it is no surprise that he has amassed such a considerable fortune.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Gillie Da Kid’s estimated net worth?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Gillie Da Kid’s estimated net worth is $5 million.
What is Gillie Da Kid’s source of income?
Gillie Da Kid’s source of income comes from his career as a rapper, actor, podcast host, and entrepreneur. He gained popularity in the early 2000s with his group Major Figgas and later embarked on a solo career. Gillie Da Kid has released several albums and mixtapes.
Who is Gillie Da Kid’s son Cheese and what is his net worth?
Cheese is Gillie Da Kid’s son and a rapper in his own right. His real name is Nasir Gillie Fard and he is also known as King Cheese. His net worth is not publicly known.
What is the Million Dollaz Worth of Game net worth?
The net worth of Million Dollaz Worth of Game, a podcast hosted by Gillie Da Kid and Wallo267, is not publicly known.
Has Gillie Da Kid signed any new deals recently?
There is no information available on whether Gillie Da Kid has signed any new deals recently.
What happened to Gillie Da Kid’s son Cheese?
There is no information available on what happened to Gillie Da Kid’s son Cheese.